a. To promote the interest and advancement of the specialty of Anaesthesia in all facets in Nigeria.
b. To provide the much needed communication and interaction among physicians practicing Anaesthesia in Nigeria.
c. To guide and assist the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the provision of an efficient and effective anaesthetic service to the people of Nigeria.
d. To cater for the welfare of all physician anaesthetists in Nigeria and maintain a good standard of practice and ethics in the specialty.
THE 7 POINT AGENDA OF THE 2018-2020 EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF ANAESTHETISTS.
1. To build on the achievements of previous leadership and past executive committees.
2. To strengthen NSA structures by a review of the constitution and bylaws in order to run an open door policy with prudence and accountability.
3. To increase the number of active membership of the Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists by creating state and Zonal branches with representatives as well as officers along the geopolitical zones using Nigerian Medical Association’s Structures.
4. Increase visibility of the Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists both nationally and internationally by intensifying our participation in world Federation of Societies of Anaesthesia (WFSA) and G4 Alliance programs.
5. Increase collaborations with other surgical, obstetrics and gynaecological professional associations and Societies through membership of Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) National Executive Committee (NEC) and interactions with their specialty groups.
6. To support and encourage the training of physician Anaesthetists within the existing structures as well as creating new and innovative Anaesthesia programs by formation of subcommittees and subspecialty interest groups in line with (WFSA) subcommittee structures.
7. To intensify international collaborations and create liaisons between the Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists and foreign Anaesthesia associations for establishment of training / fellowship opportunities for residents and fellows.
Dr Aderonke Adesiyan
Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists ( NSA)